Re: Installation Report for Sarge

Sven Luther wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 11:37:19PM +0200, Michael Banck wrote:
> > It's not an application, it's *nautilus*-cd-burner. It's beautifully
> > (IMHO) integrated into Nautilus.
>
> Whateverm it is an application. Joe random user wants to burn a CD, he
> goes to applications, and search for CD (or DVD) burner, and finds
> nothing. What would be wrong with a menu entry which opens a nautilus
> window in cd-burner mode ?

I agree with Sven that a menu entry for nautilus-cd-burner would be
helpful for the new user trying to burn a CD.

On the other hand, nautilus-cd-burner is not quite what a new user would
expect when opening an item in the applications menu.  (It just brings
up a verbose alert and then a completely blank window, which can be
confusing to a first-time user.)  I think the ideal way to use
nautilus-cd-burner is through Nautilus and gnome-volume-manager.

It would be great if we had a standalone CD-burning app in the menu.
Unfortunately I don't think Coaster is fully working yet, so for now
nautilus-cd-burner is the only option on the Debian GNOME desktop.

(By the way, gnome-volume-manager ran fine on my old PPC system...)