Instructions for upgrading to Sarge from the gnome2.2 woody backport

Here are instructions for upgrading woody systems using the gnome2.2
backport to sarge:

http://gnome22.alioth.debian.org/sarge.html

Upgrading isn't significantly different than upgrading to sarge from
official woody, but there are some important additional steps to ensure
a smooth upgrade.  These instructions should also work for upgrading
systems to unstable.

At this point I do not recommend upgrading production systems, as sarge
is not officially released yet.

Additionally, gnome2.2 backport users shouldn't feel the need to rush
out and upgrade at this time, as I plan to continue supporting the
gnome2.2 backport until woody is officially end-of-lifed.  Read more
about the goals of the backport here:

http://gnome22.alioth.debian.org/

Please issue problem reports related to the gnome2.2 packages at
http://alioth.debian.org/projects/gnome22/, NOT in the BTS.

To those upgrading, enjoy Sarge!

Jamie Strandboge

--