Re: 'Applications -> Preferences -> Font' not working.

On Fri, 21 May 2004, Adam C Powell IV wrote:

> From: Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@debian.org>
> Subject: Re: 'Applications -> Preferences -> Font'  not working.
>
> On Wed, 2004-05-19 at 05:34, Adam Bogacki wrote:
> > Hm...  'libmetacity' does not seem to exist on my system.
> >
> > > Tux:~# apt-get remove metacity
> > > Reading Package Lists... Done
> > > Building Dependency Tree... Done
> > > Package metacity is not installed, so not removed
> > > 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded.
> > > Tux:~# cd /
> > > Tux:/# find -name  libmetacity-private.so.0 -print
> > > find: ./proc/3746/task: No such file or directory
> > > find: ./proc/4633/task: No such file or directory
> > > Tux:/#
>
> Sounds like a missing dependency to me.
>
> Please file a bug report against the gnome-control-center package
> indicating that it needs to depend on libmetacity0.
>
> Incidentally, I notice that neither 2.4.0-9 nor 2.6.1-1 has this
> dependency...

That's because they don't need them - gnome-control-center doesn't link
against libmetacity0, and all of the control center applets are in
capplets - which DOES depend on libmetacity0.

Please do not file a bug, as this isn't one.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz@ULYSSIS.Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."