Re: Update on "upload of GNOME 2.6 to unstable" status

On Tue, May 18, 2004 at 05:39:20PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> If you get to the point where almost everything's done, and the remaining
> 1% is impossible for various reasons, come back and explain why each
> particular remaining issue (missing builds, unfixed RC bugs) can't be done
> ("m68k would take days to build, and the machines are already overloaded,
> and would spontaneously combust when they found out they had to rebuild
> the same packages again for unstable", eg)

Except that we're not overloaded, and that I just remembered arrakis,
which has been idle for ages now. Rather than using my new VME hardware
to do this, I'd think arrakis is the ideal host to build GNOME2.6 on.
I'm setting up a chroot there currently, and will start a build
soonishly; any pointers to a list of packages to be built, ordered by
dependency, would be great.

--
         EARTH
     smog  |   bricks