Re: Update on "upload of GNOME 2.6 to unstable" status

On Sat, May 15, 2004 at 06:31:25PM +0200, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> * Gnutls transition:

> Gnome2.6 packages are linked with gnutls10. Since libgnomeprint use
> libcupsys2, we need to transition libcupsys2 from gnutls7 to gnutls10
> (API change). The proper way to do this is to rename the package to
> libcupsys2tls10 and conflict with the old package. The renamed package
> has already been uploaded in experimental.

Does gnutls10 include versioned symbols?  If so, there should be no
reason to include "tls10" in the package name, since the ABI will not
change with further soname changes of gnutls.

> Few source packages will need to be rebuilt. Most of them are Gnome
> packages, and Chris Cheney is ok to do a kdelibs update within a few
> days. I've mailed samba maintainer and I'm waiting on the reply.

Samba will be fixed to not depend directly on gnutls at all; it only
uses symbols from two libs (libldap2 and libcupsys2) that depend on it.

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer