Re: Update on "upload of GNOME 2.6 to unstable" status

On Mon, 2004-05-17 at 18:01, Sebastien Bacher wrote:
> Ok, let me summarize, you want a build on all architectures and full
> tests with no bugs. Basically you are asking for the unstable -> testing
> conditions to upload something in unstable ... why ?

It seems pretty simple to me. You're saying it's in a state such that it
can replace gnome 2.4, which has already gone from unstable to testing.
There is, however, no proof of that, and thus there's risk of something
breaking.

The release team doesn't want breakage.

Thus, GNOME 2.6 needs to be in the same state GNOME 2.4 is currently
in before it can replace GNOME 2.4.