Re: gnome 2.6 upgrade report (bad news)

Le mar 30/03/2004 à 02:00, Joe Drew a écrit :
> - gdm told me its version didn't match the greeter, or some such
>   nonsense, and told me to reboot my machine. Unacceptable - gdm
>   should know enough to restart itself.

The version of the package in the subversion repository doesn't do that,
but Ryan didn't apply this patch.

> - Upon restarting gdm manually, I got into a situation that the panel
>   refused to start ("The panel's already running, so I won't start!",
>   and apparently gnome-settings-daemon was respawning uncontrollably.
>   This was apparently because bonobo-activation-daemon needed to
>   be killed. Also unacceptable; it should be killed on startup if it
>   is an "old" version, and destroyed on shutdown also.

This one is less easy. The bonobo server could be killed upon logout if
necessary, but it isn't easy to tell when it is necessary, and I'm
pretty sure it's going to kill stuff we don't want to kill (e.g. if
several sessions are open).

> - Minor nitpicks: my bluecurve theme seems to no longer use readable
>   menu highlights on GTK+ 2.4. Bluecurve is from the
>   gtk2-engines-wonderland package, so that's definitely a debian bug.

Yes, gtk2-engines-wonderland hasn't been updated yet.