Re: My experiences with experimental Gnome 2.6

Ross> An interesting combination of testing and experimental there,
Ross> scary. :)

Yeah, I know.  Actually, xserver-xfree86 is the only "old" package on
my system.  Everything else is either from unstable or experimental.
Even xlibs. ;-)  But I'm stuck with xserver-xfree86 4.2.1 because 4.3
has broken XVideo for my video card.  :-(

Ross> I suppose capplets should explicitly depend on X4.3 for the
Ross> keyboard and screen resolution capplets, now that it has hit
Ross> testing.

Yeah, I noticed that libxklavier depends on XFree86 4.3 for keyboard
switching after I sent my last past.  But I think that it would be
better to have the keyboard capplet query the X server, and display a
more informative message.  (The screen resolution capplet already does
that.)  It can't just depend on xserver-xfree86 4.3 because it could be
running remotely.

--
Hubert Chan <hubert@uhoreg.ca> - http://www.uhoreg.ca/
PGP/GnuPG key: 1024D/124B61FA