Adopting esound and gdm off you for GNOME 2.6 preparations?

Dear Ryan,

As you may already be aware already, GNOME 2.6 is nearing release very
soon now and we'd like to every package in Debian unstable to be in line
with what shall be released as part of the new GNOME.

One packages that you maintain, esound (0.2.29-1) has fallen behind.
Without intending any disrepect to you, the Debian GNOME Maintainers
would very much like to update it or even adopt it off you. Does time
cuurently permit you to begin work on GDM 2.6 packages or would you
rather consent to us to work on preliminary packages in the meantime?

Any updates to those packages will only be uploaded into experimental
until such time as GNOME 2.6.0 is officially finalised and released.
This will hopefully give you enough time to reivew them and provide
feedback before they are finally moved into unstable.

Yours sincerely,
Andrew Lau

	Andrew "Netsnipe" Lau	<http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~alau/>
 Debian GNU/Linux Maintainer & UNSW Computing Students' Society President
				     -
		  "Nobody expects the Debian Inquisition!
     Our two weapons are fear and surprise...and ruthless efficiency!"