Re: merging more packages into pkg-gnome?

On Sat, Mar 20, 2004 at 01:39:30PM +0100, Ond?ej Surý wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am trying to compile gnome2.6 rc1 from pkg-gnome svn repository and I
> have found out that many basic packages are not part of pkg-gnome.
>
> Had we contacted maintainers with offer to join pkg-gnome team?  And
> what is their opinion?
>
> I would be nice to have all official gnome packages in pkg-gnome svn
> repo...
>
> To name few:
>
> liborbit2 and it's dependency libidl from start
> continuing to libgnome and libgnomeui by Christian Marillat

  Christian Marillat has orphaned yesterday all his GNOME packages, so
  all those can be added to svn now. I don't know if Sebastian is
  working on this yet.

  About liborbit and libidl I don't know if someone
  has contacted Sebastian Rittau yet. I'll do it if needed.

  Cheers

--
Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
   jsogo@debian.org