Re: Gnome and gnutls (10) (was Re: gtk 2.4 and gnome 2.6)

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 17:08, Sjoerd Simons wrote:
> I was wondering if there are plan to move gnome to gnutls 10 with the
> release of gnome 2.6.

The CUPS maintainer has basically refused to switch to gnutls10 before
Sarge, which at some point effects the rest of Debian in some way --
gnome-cups-manager links to both CUPS and GNOME so they both must be
compiled with same version of gnutls.

Part of me would like to see a mad rebuilding of everything which uses
gnutls, as Mandrake are shipping with only gnutls10 (so have the
required patches already), but I don't think its very likely.  Too much
potential for something to break when we're supposed to be stabilising.

Ross
--
Ross Burton                                 mail: ross@burtonini.com
                                          jabber: ross@burtonini.com