Re: Gnome PDF viewer

On Sun, Feb 01, 2004 at 11:50:06AM +1100, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Peter Joseph">
>
> > On an unrelated GPDF issue.....i'm currently finding that gpdf horribly
> > mangles most pdf files at the moment. Ive checked with other viewers like
> > xpdf and gv and  they look perfect in those.
>
> "mangles" isn't a good enough description -> are they totally unreadable, or
> are the fonts chosen incorrectly, or...? It could be many things. :-)

Look at :

For details, with even a example .pdf.

> gpdf doesn't do embedded fonts yet, so that may be what you're seeing. More
> details please! Oh, and you should send bug reports upstream. :-)

Well, there are problems on file which used to work with older versions
of gpdf, so i doubt it is that. And i thought that the debian maintainer
of gpdf is supposed to have the bug reports follow up upstream, but
maybe this is not the case. At least i do so with my packages. A Debian
user should not be forced to know all of the upstreams BTS, and i at
least refuse to have anything to do with bugzilla.

Friendly,

Sven Luther