Re: GNOME 2.4 packages

<quote who="Christian Marillat">

> > By the way, how are we going to prevent Gnome 2.4 from moving into
> > testing before it is ready in Sid, grave bug against the core packages?
>
> Not really needed, we are waiting since 6 months to see 2.2 on sarge.

Given your experience with the piecemeal upgrades that have been done to
date, haven't you come to the conclusion that it would be beneficial to
avoid them? Isn't there a strange kind of irony in your comment above? I
would be surprised if it would take as long to get 2.4 into unstable (and
them sarge) smoothly if the transition were managed as Eloy suggests.

- Jeff

     "Old timers will tell you what a pain unstable was during the new
        testament transition." - Jon Corbet on Debian's KJV packages