Re: gnome-terminal Monospace not aa

On Sun, 2003-01-19 at 19:00, Andreas Leitner wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> my next problem is that I would like to have my "Monospace" font in
> gnome-terminal not anti aliased, because it's so blurry it hurts my eyes
> (;
>
> I added a line to /etc/X11/XftConfig:
> match any family == "mono"              edit antialias = false;
>
> (I also tried other variations with no luck either)
>
> But gnome-terminal still anti aliases "Monospace" as well as "Andale
> Mono".
>
> What can I do to disable aa for certain fonts?

Erm, I solved it myself. I needed to edit /etc/fonts/fonts.conf
There I added the following:
       <match target="pattern">
                <test qual="any" name="family">
                        <string>sans serif</string>
                </test>
                <edit name="family" mode="assign">
                        <string>sans-serif</string>
                </edit>
                <edit name="antialias" mode="assign">
                        <string>false</string>
                </edit>
        </match>

Now, 'Monospace' is correctly no anti-aliased.

regards,
Andreas