Re: Debian GNOME Policy, Mark II

On Tue, 2003-01-14 at 05:19, Ross Burton wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> I've taken all the comments so far, re-arranged, re-formated as DocBook,
> and have another draft.

Cool!

I was thinking about my fontilus package today, and I realized that at
least conceptually, the GNOME VFS method could be used without nautilus
and such.  So I think we should have something in the Debian GNOME
policy about GNOME VFS methods to standardize this.  Since you didn't
post the docbook source, I'll just take a stab at it in plaintext:

GnomeVFS Methods

Any GnomeVFS methods included with a program should be packaged
separately, with just the necessary shared library and the GnomeVFS
module configuration file.  If a package provides just a single method,
it should be named like "gnomevfs-method-<prefix>", where <prefix> is
the URI prefix that the method provides.  If a single upstream source
package provides multiple methods, it may either be packaged as
"gnomevfs-methods-<name>", where <name> is the name of the upstream
source, or it may be split into multiple individual packages as above.

What do you guys think?