Re: Crux & icon themes

Hey...

> > sounds good. only i would make it singular: icon-theme-<foo>.
>
> The idea is that multiple variations on the same icon theme may exist.
> >From what I can see, the Crux icon-theme currently includes only (a
> subset of) the Nautilus Crux-teal theme. Perhaps Crux-eggplant or
> another one gets added in the future.
>
> Look at it this way: icon-themes-foo is the collection of all foo
> icontheme variants. That's correct even if there is only one variant at
> this time.
> Differentiating packages by name because they include one or multiple
> iconthemes would be a Dumb Idea IMO. Placing all variants in a different
> package would be driving the split (which I do favour on a level of
> GTK/icon/WM themes) too far.

imho debian has a reputation to keep high here, we will never reach the
1.000.000.000 package limit if we don't split every single package into
subpackages and virtual packages... *joke*.

Actually there's the option of defining the _possible_ names for your
packages... eg.

icon-theme-foo
metacity-theme-foo
metatheme-foo

This naming scheme would cover all the current elements of a theme, with
an acceptable granularity.

But, for starters, and to minimise maintaince costs you could simply put
everything in the metatheme-crux package, and in a later stage (if
themes start to reuse parts...) make the metatheme a package that
depends on icon-theme-foo, metacity-theme-foo, gtk??-engine-bla, ...

Why do I favor this ? Well... it would allow me to build a theme rather
easy/quickly, and if I don't have the time to split it up... I don't
have to :)

just some ideas...

--
regards, koenraad.