metacity really slow to move windows

Hello list and first of all, a very big THANKS to all of you who make
Gnome2 possible on debian. It's really great.

I've noticed that metacity is really slow to move a gnome-terminal
window when transparency is enabled in the term. As soon as I disable
transparency, it's faster.

I wondering what is the source of the slow motion since I run gnome2 on
another PC which is fast even when transparency is enabled. Strangely,
the PC which is running the stuff well is the slower machine...

Ant idea ?

Thanks.

--
Alexis Sukrieh <alexis@sukria.net>