Re: Desktop Themes

On Fri, 2003-12-26 at 03:22, John Alfred Nathanael Chee wrote:
> I have the gtk part of the theme installed, the icon part of the theme installed, the gaim mod's,
> the gaim emoticons (im going all out), still have the default gnome button placements and look.
> I'm trying to make my desktop look like the screenshot on the homepage for the theme
> (http://www.aquaxp.com/strestout1/) it looks like the only thing different is the title bar, am i
> doing something wrong?

You are not doing anything wrong. I downloaded the theme and it was
broken, so I went ahead and fixed it. You can get the new version from:

ftp://ftp.latinomixed.com/downloads/debian-embelisher/gtk-themes

I already reported the changes back to "strestout1".

Also, I created a install.pl Perl script that installs the theme for
either all users or the current user. The Perl script is a 10 min file
that does its job but the algorithm is kind of ugly (hey it works).
To get the install.pl script you will need to download GnoMetal2.tar.bz2
from the FTP link above.
Sample run:

sudo ./install --all
or
./install --user

Note that if you install for "user", you will need to manually unpack
the gaim files in /usr/share/pixmaps/gaim or wherever you have your Gaim
image files installed.
The script is customizable from the command line, do "./install --help"
to see more options. For the impatient:
Gaim user from CVS:
./install --all --gaim=/usr/local/share/pixmaps

This theme is just what I needed to have my Mac and Linux box look the
same for the number of users (family members) who use them and don't
know better :-) Keeping things consistent helps (that's the reason why I
wrote a tied_gnome.sh script which you can also get from the above ftp
link. It locks Gnome 2.x and make things look consistent. You can read
the source of you need more info:
ftp://ftp.latinomixed.com/downloads/tied_gnome.sh.gz. This script is
customizable per machine using a /etc/defaults/tied_gnome file)

Enjoy!