Re: Nautilus crashes

Le ven 12/12/2003 à 19:47, John McCutchan a écrit :
> On Fri, Dec 12, 2003 at 07:29:40PM +0100, Josselin Mouette wrote:
> > That kernel is named 2.6.0-TEST9. Do you know what "test" means? It is
> > for testing purposes, not for production.
>
> Thanks! I didn't know what "test" meant.
>
> > Could you please test whether it crashes with a proper 2.4 kernel? If
> > you are not willing to, I'll have to assume this is caused by your
> > kernel and close this report.
>
> Don't be a fool. There is no indication that this bug is caused by my
> kernel. I had been running the same kernel for a month and then after an
> update nautilus started crashing constantly. I guess going from
> nautilus 2.4.0 and 2.4.1 exposed a bug in the kernel. I don't see
> anyone else saying that nautilus crashes on their 2.6 kernel. I am now
> running 2.6.0-test11 which will most likely become 2.6.0 -- and nautilus
> is still crashing!. Using your retarded logic I guess I should just wait
> until my kernel doesn't have test after its name before you will take
> this bug report seriously.

Come on, be serious! He asked you gently to test something. You refused
without any good reason.
If you don't do the test, how could you be sure it has anything to do
with the kernel? Maybe it's a FAM bug, try with a 2.4 kernel and we'll
see. I suggest you also test using FAM from inetd or as daemon, to see
if it still occurs.

> > He is pretty busy, but that's what co-maintainers are for. The only
> > thing you can be sure is that he won't answer if you don't even send the
> > information to the bug report.
>
> I can only hope you aren't the maintainer on many packages.

63 today
http://qa.debian.org/developer.php?login=joss@debian.org

--
Jérôme Warnier <jwarnier@beeznest.net>