Re: help for misterious #213990 bug report for hardware-monitor requested.

On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 05:22:39PM +0200, Andreas Rottmann wrote:
> Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> >> Those are the run-time dependencies. A run-time dependency almost never
> >> makes sense. Flex is a tool that's run at build-time; it outputs C code
> >> that's compiled along with the rest of a source package.
> >>
> >> You may want to check if the problem is reproducable when the package is
> >> built using flex-old rather than flex.
> >
> > I rebuilt it with old-flex, but the problem stays :(((
> >
> Have you grepped the sources for the error message?

Well i did grep the source, but found nothing, but the problem is solved
now, and had nothing to do with flex or hardware-monitor.

I was using a kernel with builtin i2c stuff, while using the i2c module
too. The i2c documentation was saying it is ok to use them together, but
i suppose this means only that you can have kernel i2c built as modules
with the i2c module.

Anyway, i have rebuilt my kernel without i2c and it is fixed now.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Friendly,

Sven Luther