Re: Fam dependency

<quote who="Evan Martin">

> On Fri, Oct 03, 2003 at 02:08:32PM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> > The 'gnome' package provides an entire suite of desktop applications,
> > running on top of the GNOME Desktop (gnome-core), which is mostly useful
> > for installing a complete environment. I don't use it, I just use the
> > GNOME Desktop and install other stuff as I need them.
>
> Seconded.  I've never met* a Debian user who apt-get installs "gnome";
> everyone just grabs the pieces they want.
>

> * which isn't to say such users don't exist

Hmm, sorry, just using myself as a bad example - I didn't mean to imply that
the 'gnome' package is not useful. It definitely is, and we should cater to
those users, but gnome-core is still the most appropriate meta package for
the fam depend.

- Jeff

       "So I'll have to talk about what I know instead. If you are so
     inclined, you may infer that I am totally oblivious to anything I
                   don't talk about today." - Larry Wall