Re: debian-desktop, and relevant thoughts.

Hi people!

El vie, 12-09-2003 a las 17:23, Shaun ONeil escribió:
> On Fri, 2003-09-12 at 10:51, Shaun ONeil wrote:

> > * Spanish Gnome Fanatics[3] make great steps towards a Ximian Desktop
> > port to Woody

	I'm one of the fanatics that had been working on the Ximian Desktop
port to Woody (Actually the only one packaging an preparing the
patches). By the end of this week I hope to have finish with the last
release and put all the sources available (at least most of then).

	Apart of this, i like XD2, and most of the improvements that they have
done, but not all. It could be great if we could integrate some patches
into the Debian desktop. I don't mind if gnome2.2 or Gnome2.4 goes into
next stable. I'm actually working with the next XDunstable, based on
Gnome2.4, so i can help anybody to have a real good desktop for Debian..

> * I get a faint sniff that our Spanish friends _may_ be talking to
> > Ximian about producing community-produced backport of the next Ximian
> > Desktop.

	I believe that in one or two months we can have an official release of
XD for Debian.

	Ghe Rivero