Re: help with gconftool and schema installations.

On Sat, Jun 21, 2003 at 05:39:38PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-06-19 at 07:34, Sven Luther wrote:
> > 2) If we install the schemas in the postinst, should we also uninstall
> > them in the postrm or something such ?
>
> GConf 2.2.x doesn't have a way to uninstall schemas, but in GConf 2.3.x
> (and thus 2.4), gconftool has --uninstall-schemas for this purpose.

Ok, ...

BTW, could it be possible to add a noop --uninstall-schemas option to
the next 2.2.x release ? This would make it easier to do sarge backports
when we prepare gconf 2.4 compatible packages, and would cost almost
nothing to implement.

Friendly,

Sven Luther