Re: Gnome on mulitdisplay matters.

Well, you could also have put it up somewhere for everybody to look at.
;)
Yes, I should. Sorry it was a mistake. I've send it back and ... you will receive it twice, sorry again :-\

All the ones I did were looking like this one, that is the 2 screen were exactly the same.
Here comes my X config file. Perhaps it contains a mistake ?

Have you tried without the ViewPort directives in the screen sections?
That's the only odd thing I see.
Yes I've tried that too... This way it seems to work a bit better... but I am not so sure. It seem that the WM's windows (the title bar and the borders of the window) are systematically display on the second screen and their content (Program's windows) are display on the right (I mean the good one : the right one if the window is on the right screen and the left one if the) on screen exept for the pixmaps it contains (such a button icons) which goes on right screen

Note that, just after i logged in, the left screen displays pictures taken from previous sessions, even if the computer have turned off (probably extracted from the card's memory ?!?).

Last hypothesis, could this be due to nautilus (who display's the desktop window). It's just an idea, I am not shure of anything since I don't really how desktop and panels are organized in Gnome...

I'm definitely hopeless...

Thanks for all, anyway.

   Nicolas.