Re: Gnome on mulitdisplay matters.

Michel Dänzer a écrit :

On Sat, 2003-06-14 at 01:07, Nicolas CANIART wrote:
Michel Dänzer a écrit :

To get GDM properly working i've been obliged to set its XineramaScreen var to 1 (the 2nd and last screen). Other it runs the same way has Gnome.
Hmm, this sounds like it might be a client (GTK?) issue after all.

Does Option "NoAccel" work around the problem?

I've tried with the NoAccel option set to true and false.

If I set it to False both GDM and Gnome work improperly.

- GDM show the greeter background on both screens but only one is really active (the one on the second screen). - Then I log in and Gnome display windows on the second screen only. The first still displays the GDM greeter background, but 'active' windows for the mouse are even correctly place (the panel in undisplay on the first screen but present for the mouse).

If I set if to True GDM goes right but Gnome still fails (but the best as ever since now).

Since it might not be a Xinerama problem because the mouse works as expected, but, for example, if I try to grab the desktop's content, starting by the middle-top of the left screen and going to the middle-bottom of the right screen, the selection is displayed only on the first screen.

I still can't really picture what's going on. Seeing your XF86Config-4
and screenshots might be helpful.

I've already thought I could send you some screenhots but I'am not shure it will help you. But if you ask for it... All the ones I did were looking like this one, that is the 2 screen were exactly the same.
Here comes my X config file. Perhaps it contains a mistake ?

Thanks for your help.

   Nicolas.