Re: how do I select Enlightenment in Gnome 2 ?

TR <tony@the-sphere.org> writes:

>> How do I select a new WM, in a way that'd allow me to change to
>> another one anytime I choose to ?

[...]

> update-alternatives x-window-manager

[...]

update-alternatives: unknown argument `x-window-manager'

... should have been "update-alternatives --config x-window-manager".

But anyway this will not help if your session has already been
saved.

The individual user can change the WM by running e.g. "killall
metacity; sawfish &". After that you should save your session (e.g. by
running gnome-session-save).

Johannes

--
~/.signature under construction