Re: XD2

El día 05 jun 2003, Ghe Rivero escribía:
> Hi!
> > Personally I think unstable would be a better target given the current
> > migration of packages from unstable into testing.
> >
> > But that's just my 2 cents...
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Chipzz AKA
> > Jan Van Buggenhout
>
> Well, your advice is welcomed, but is not our goal. Since next stable
> version of Debian wil take ... a lot ... we just want one stable and
> modern gnome desktop for debian woody. Yeah, we can use the ports that
> are already make, but are they really stable? Today with 2.3.1 tomorrow
> with the new one 2.3.2... No, thanks. we'll take XD as the base becNause
> it's really a good improvement. That's all.

  Unstable won't have any 2.3.x Gnome package. So the backport will be
  as much as stable as Ximian Desktop once upstream include patches from
  it, which I guess will happen in a few time. Even, mantainers can add
  those patches in the interim.

  IMO it's better for you use existing Woody backport and for for
  improving it than starting a new complete one.

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org