Re: compiling gaim for woody and xfree86 4.1

On Mon, May 19, 2003 at 08:57:03AM -0400, James Strandboge wrote:
> I am the maintainer of the gnome2.2 backport for woody.  I did actually
> get the backport to run under 4.1.0, but I don't know how stable it
> would prove day to day
>snip<
> from my backport.  Note, this is a mostly untested configuration and may
> not work well.  However, it is probably at least worth a try since you
> can easily uninstall all the packages mentioned without hurting your
> system.
>
> Jamie

This is the alternative more complex method. You can just use the Gaim
from my URL if you don't need antialiased fonts. Note that I fully
support James' backports and use them myself on many machines, but I use
them to get GNOME 2.2 in its entirety. If you just want a newer Gaim,
it's overkill to backport Gtk 2.2 and fontconfig etc etc.

Regards,
Rob