Re: When gdm will use default locale setting ?

Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 01:11:41PM +0200, Miroslaw Sankowski wrote:

>> This issue can be solved/hacked by putting
>>
>> export LC_ALL=<your favourite locale, pl_PL for me>
>
> Why not using LANG ?
>
>> somwhere in the beginning of '/etc/init.d/gdm'.
>
> But it will be overwritten at each upgrade of the gdm package.

Well, /etc/init.d/gdm is a conffile, so at least the user will be
prompted if he/she wants to replace this file with the new maintainer's
version.

> A simple . /etc/preferences at the start of /etc/init.d/gdm should do
> that, should it not, but then i am no expert on this.

You mean put in there by the maintainer of gdm, right? Otherwise it's
the same situation of risking to get the modification lost due to dpkg
overwriting the file on a gdm upgrade, right? :)

Eloy.-