Re: annoying changes in gnome-terminal

<quote who="Christian Marillat">

> Ross Burton <ross@burtonini.com> writes:
>
> [...]
>
> > I've heard that the latest 0.11.x fixes these issues, but also links to
> > libGL if it can... Nalin must be smoking something strong...
>
> Yes I've seen that. I hate AA fonts in gnome-terminal then now if you need
> GL to display a terminal prompt...

Use a bitmap font, and you won't get anti-aliased terminal fonts. I do it
all the time (using SGI screen font, which rocks).

I think it's a bit rich to complain about the use of GL, which is pretty
reasonable, and is there solely to fix performance issues that people have
complained about in the past.

Quartz Extreme uses GL throughout to render Apple's Mac OS X. Why shouldn't
we have some of that goodness where we can get it easily too? Sounds fine to
me, and thanks very much to Nalin! :-)

- Jeff

   "Science helps a lot, but people built perfectly good brick walls long
               before they knew why cement works." - Alan Cox