Re: When gdm will use default locale setting ?

On Tue, 2003-05-06 at 06:46, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, May 06, 2003 at 12:21:10PM +0200, TRom wrote:

> > > Hi,

> > > Sorry but no, this work.
> > >
> > > Christian
> >
> > hi,
> >
> > for me, gdm2 unfortunaly uses C locale for his first lauching (from
> > rc2.d), but works well on restart (.../init.d/gdm restart )
>
> Yes, this is a known problem. You have to launch gdm from the shell or
> restart it or whatever for it to inherit the system wide locale. I think
> Christian is again assuming wrongly that since it works for him, it
> works for everyone. That said, Christian, how do you do it so that it
> works ?

This problem plauged me when I was unoffically maintaining the gdm
package. For some reason gdm will not take the system wide locale if
launched from init.d. I never did solve this.

--
Sean Harshbarger

http://harshy.homelinux.org - Personal Website
http://coaster.sourceforge.net - Coaster - The Gnome CD Burner

"So ya...this squirrel just pops out of nowhere." -Adam Powers