Re: gnome-terminal and who

Robert McQueen <robot101@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 05:41:57PM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Users should understand that the BTS isn't upstream. Comments should be
> sent to bugzilla. FYI upstream can't reproduce this bug...
>
> Christian

> Maintainers should understand it's part of their job to track bugs in
> their packages in the Debian BTS, gather information or reproduce them,
> fix them or forward them to upstream, and close them when a package is
> uploaded that fixes them. Having a bug filed on your package is not a
> personal affront. The Debian BTS is meant to be a clearing-house for all
> bugs that users can encounter on a Debian system. It's not the user's
> job to run around getting bugzilla accounts and finding where to report

And what's happen when I can't reproduce a bug ? I keep bugs on the
BTS with a nice unreproducible tag without forwarding these bugs to
upstream. In that case filing a bug on the BTS doesn't help at all.

When I see that at least 99% of my bugs reports are upstream and 50% are
unreproducible.

Christian