Re: gnome-terminal and who

Maciej Stachura <stachura@unicity.pl> writes:

> Hello.
>
> I have noticed strange behaviour of my Debian unstable. After running
> and closing gnome-terminal I have information about logged user
> displayed by who and he is not logged in. Is it something with
> gnome-terminal or maybe with my kernel or rights of some files in
> /var/log (/var/run) or ...?
>
> When I login from console, or just not run gnome-terminal, it is all ok.

This is Debian bug #183035, which has been forwarded to upstream, but it
has not seen any activity there for several weeks. Apparently nobody
else besides Debian people is seeing (or is annoyed by) this problem.

I downgraded to the stable version of libvte4 (0.10.26-1) and the
situation improved (it's not totally fixed, but it's a lot better.)

It was getting pretty annoying (see the output from 'who' in one of my
systems at the end of the Debian bug report) and now at least I am glad
it's working better with the stable libvte4.

Cheers,

Eloy.-