Re: root login

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 06:22:21AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Sven Luther">
>
> > > Excuse me for a moment, but are you utterly boneheaded?
> >
> > Excuse me Jeff, but i think it is not correct to start insulting people,
> > just because you don't like the point he is going to make. Please stay
> > polite.
> >
> > And his is a very sensible point. For a single user home box, what is the
> > most important stuff installed, it is the personal information, all the
> > rest you can easily re-install. No reason to become offensive because this
> > doesn't meet your own priorities or whatever.
>
> The tone was humorous, in disbelief at the abject fallacy and foolishness of
> what the previous poster painfully postulated. (Perhaps alliteration will be
> helpful, to indicate the tone.)

Remember, not everyone is english native speaker and so don't
necessarily might read these subtletlies as they are intented. For me,
the first sentence was still ok, limit, but ok, but the 'you are an
idiot' at the end of the mail was not ok.

> It's nothing to do with priorites, and everything to do with best practice,
> common sense, and educating people to do the right thing.

See, other language problem, that was not exactly what i wanted to say,
but anyway, it is no excuse from being rude (or insulting, or whatever).

Friendly,

Sven Luther