Re: root login

<quote who="Sven Luther">

> > Excuse me for a moment, but are you utterly boneheaded?
>
> Excuse me Jeff, but i think it is not correct to start insulting people,
> just because you don't like the point he is going to make. Please stay
> polite.
>
> And his is a very sensible point. For a single user home box, what is the
> most important stuff installed, it is the personal information, all the
> rest you can easily re-install. No reason to become offensive because this
> doesn't meet your own priorities or whatever.

The tone was humorous, in disbelief at the abject fallacy and foolishness of
what the previous poster painfully postulated. (Perhaps alliteration will be
helpful, to indicate the tone.)

It's nothing to do with priorites, and everything to do with best practice,
common sense, and educating people to do the right thing.

- Jeff

  "I'm coding 'gless' right now ... I'm not living up to the motto 'gless
   is gmore', I should have started with gmore. ;-)" - Havoc Pennington,
                                    1998