Re: root login

On Wed, Apr 30, 2003 at 04:55:03AM +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="Michael Toomim">
>
> > But god forbid -- they WON'T run little old bonobo-activation as root for
> > fear that it will destroy some "sensitive" information.  This is totally
> > irrational.
>
> Excuse me for a moment, but are you utterly boneheaded?

Excuse me Jeff, but i think it is not correct to start insulting people,
just because you don't like the point he is going to make. Please stay
polite.

And his is a very sensible point. For a single user home box, what is
the most important stuff installed, it is the personal information, all
the rest you can easily re-install. No reason to become offensive
because this doesn't meet your own priorities or whatever.

Friendly,

Sven Luther