Mozilla location bar history not showing

Hi,

I am having an annoying problem with the location bar history in
Mozilla. I cannot get it working, that is, the menu with the list of
sites does not pop up when I start typing. I went to the Preferences and
everything is set up as it should be, but the button Clear Location Bar
History is disabled. Do you guys have any idea of how to solve this
problem? Is it well known?

Thanks,

Bruno.
--