Re: root login

No, it the "The system administrator is not allowed to login in from here"
message.

Thanks,
Jenner

Quoting Jeff Waugh <jdub@perkypants.org>:

> <quote who="Jenner Alm?nzar">
>
> > I finally got gnome working, but I have on question, why root can't
> login
> > on gnome 1.4?
>
> It actually can't, or are you getting the "you shouldn't log in as
> root"
> message? If it's the message - read it carefully. You should not be
> logging
> into your X session as root. Log in as your normal user, and use su or
> sudo
> to do administrative tasks.
>
> - Jeff
>
> --
> linux.conf.au 2004: Adelaide, Australia
> http://lca2004.linux.org.au/
>
>          "Stick to your guns and get it right." - Havoc Pennington

Jenner Almánzar
Linux Technologies                                             Development Team
Santo Domingo                                                Dominican Republic
Cell Phone 809.430.5053                  E-mail naldiello@dominicanrepublic.com