galeon -- no advanced prefs

Hi,

I recently did a "apt-get upgrade" of my box running sid and a new
version of galeon was installed.  Now it appears as if lots of my menu
choices have disappeared, i.e. the UI is dumbed down.  How can I get
the menus back?

In the particular what's really irritating me at the moment is the
inability to visit an SSL website that has a bad certificate.  I know
it has bad cert (I installed it), usally I just click the "OK" message
and continue on through.

But now galeon does not offer me the choice of accepting the
potentially bad certificate (again I _know_ the cert is bad, but I
still trust the system).  Now I get the message:

  You have received an invalid certificate.  It contains the same
  issuer name and serial number as another certificate that you are
  already using. Please contact the server administrator or email
  correspondent from which this invalid certificate came, and urge
  them to get a valid certificate.

with no ability to accept the questionable cert.

Anyone have any work arounds??  Is there any way to turn on "expert
mode" in the new version?

BTW -- Big thanks and mucho kudos for everyone who makes debian the
great distro it is, plus additional shout outs for the gnome and
galeon maintainers.  99.9999% of the time things "just work" -- love
it.

Cheers,
Curt

p.s. please cc me on replies.