Re: Woody backport request

On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 11:33, James D Strandboge wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-04-16 at 10:42, Robert McQueen wrote:
> > James, the version of xine in woody is ancient. It'd be nice for GNOME
> > users if totem and a newer version of xine were there. Would this be
> > possible?
>
> Yeah.  I was interested totem myself, as I have also backported quite a
> bit of fifth toe.  I can't remember off hand why I decided to not
> backport xine (there was a reason), but I'll look into it again.

Ok.  Totem and libxine1 have been uploaded (should hit the mirrors after
1:00am EST tonight).  Totem works very nicely.  libxine1 can coexist
with libxine0, and I decided to create libxine1-dev and have it conflict
with libxine-dev to minimize any conflicts-- however installing libxine1
will remove xine-ui in woody.

I am not particularly interested in maintaining a xine backport, but am
open to it if there are compelling reasons to backporting xine in
addition to totem.

Comments are welcome.

Jamie

--