woody backport libgal21 dependency broken

Hi,
I am using the woody backports from
http://ftp.acc.umu.se/mirror/mirrors.evilgeniuses.org.uk/debian/backports/woody and today when installing gnome (apt-get install gnome) I got dependency problems. This was on top of a clean installation + XFree 4.2 packages.

Evolution, Guncash and others depend on ligbal21 (>=23). The port comes
with libgal23 (0.24-1.2woody1).

I guess libgal21 (>=23) = libgal23, so a small change in
naming/versioning should fix this.

Anyway I was able to install gnome by changing the entries in the
/var/lib/apt/lists/acc.umu.se Package file from libgal21 to libgal23. I
really _desperately_ needed evolution so I decided to force the
installation this way. Apt still complains, but all the packages are in
place and ready to use.

If you need more info let me know.
Please cc me into a response.
Thanks,