problem with gnome stderr ...

Hello, ...

I am packaging hardware-monitor, and am having a bit of problems with
it. When i launch the resulting executable by hand from an xterm, it
works fine, but when i launch it from the panel, it works, but not for
the temperature monitor.

After a bit of trying, it seems to be linked by the output the hardware-monitor
to the stderr. The first thing that is being outputed is related to the
temperature monitor, so i believe that this could be the reason of the
bug.

Upstream cannot reproduce this, naturally, so maybe it is a problem with
my system or something such.

Where is the stderr supposed to go for a panel applet ?
to .gnome-errors ?
Or is there another place for it, but which on my system is maybe not
writtable or something such ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther