Re: gnome-terminal crashing a lot lately

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 10:54:28AM -0500, Eloy A. Paris wrote:
> Hi!
>
> My gnome-terminals have been crashing a lot lately. The crashes happen
> sometimes when I type Control-D to close a shell. When a crash occurs
> all the existing gnome-terminals are closed - I thought that each
> gnome-terminal instance was independent of the others.
>
> Needless to say, this is quite a pain.
>
> Anyone else seeing gnome-terminal crashes? I am running unstable.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Eloy.-

Yup I'm getting these crashes too, so I switched to xterm for the
moment. I don't use tabs in my gnome-terminals and they were crashing
anyway, if that helps. All the terminal windows come from one process
because they use some cunning bobobo/corba widget factory or something.
You can turn it off with a command line option so at least they crash
one at a time.

Regards,
Rob