Re: new menu entry ...

On Fri, Apr 04, 2003 at 11:14:43AM +0200, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Sven Luther <luther@dpt-info.u-strasbg.fr> writes:
>
> > Hello, ...
>
> Hi,
>
> [...]
>
> > I would like to add a menu item in the gnome desktop application. I
> > understand that the debian menu system is going to be deprecated or
> > something such, any hint on the correct way of doing this now.
>
> > Any link on a menu entry howto or similar doc is welcome.
>
> There are some documetations in the gnome2-users-guide and
> specifications here :
>
> http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/menu/draft/menu-spec/menu-spec.html

Yes, i did read this, but what about something a bit more practical and
concise ? I did already give it at least two quick reads, but am no
nearer to be able to write a menu item.

What is the name of the files ? foo.desktop i imagine.

Where should they go ?

What do i put inside it ? A sample foo.desktop file you can modify
easily would be welcome.

And also, hints of any problems that were already encountered with the
debian implmentation of the files.

Friendly,

Sven Luther