new menu entry ...

Hello, ...

I package unicorn, which is a kernel module driver for the Bewan ADSL
PCI & USB modems. The last version comes with a small gtk app which
allows one to monitor the status of the modem, reset it and so on.

I would like to add a menu item in the gnome desktop application. I
understand that the debian menu system is going to be deprecated or
something such, any hint on the correct way of doing this now.

Any link on a menu entry howto or similar doc is welcome.

Thanks,

Friendly,

Sven Luther