Re: gnome-control-center

On Fri, 2003-01-24 at 11:17, Christian Marillat wrote:
> Glenn Pierce <glennpierce@connectfree.co.uk> writes:
>
> > Hi
>
> Hi,
>
> [...]
>
> > Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
> > Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
> > Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
> > Gnome-Message: gnome_execute_async_with_env_fds: returning -1
>
> gnome-session try to launch applications who doesn't exist anymore. Edit
> your session in the control-center.
>
> [...]
>
> > This probably reflects a bug in the program.
> > The error was 'BadLength (poly request too large or internal Xlib length
> > erro'.
> >   (Details: serial 44 error_code 16 request_code 154 minor_code 20)
> >   (Note to programmers: normally, X errors are reported asynchronously;
> >    that is, you will receive the error a while after causing it.
> >    To debug your program, run it with the --sync command line
> >    option to change this behavior. You can then get a meaningful
> >    backtrace from your debugger if you break on the gdk_x_error()
> > function.)
>
> This is a X error, nothing is related to nautilus.

I seem to have traced my gnome-control-center problems back to some font
namely these fonts

Ariel.ttf
Arial_Italic.ttf
Ariel_Bold.ttf
Ariel_Bold_Italic.ttf
Verdana.ttf
Verdana_Italic.ttf
Verdana_Bold.ttf
Verdana_Bold_Italic.ttf

When I move thes out of ~/.fonts and run fc-cache gnome-control-center
works fine, when I return them the above problems return.

Can anyone think of how my font config setup could differ from anyone
elses ?

I have remove libxft2 libfontconf and reinstalled but the same problems
exist.

Thanks for the help

--
Glenn Pierce <glennpierce@connectfree.co.uk>