Re: Package updates

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 03:51:11AM -0500, Sean Harshbarger wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-01-28 at 01:00, Sven Luther wrote:
> > On Mon, Jan 27, 2003 at 09:56:26PM -0500, Sean Harshbarger wrote:
> > >    Just letting everyone who uses my gdm, gdm-themes and magicdev
> > > packages that I have updated them. You can get the low down off my
> > > website at http://harshy.homelinux.org
> >
> > Mmm, why did you rename your gdm2 package to gdm ? it is not possible
> > anymore to upgrade from your old package without removing gdm2 first
> > :(((, and i suppose now there is no hope that you upload the gdm2
> > package to unstable.
>
> Well if gdm is to go into the main archive then it is to be named gdm as
> it is a direct replacement of the current gdm in the main archives. As

Well i was hoping that your gdm2 package got into unstable until the gdm
maintainer decide that it is ready to upgrade gdm to gdm2, but you know
that already. Does this mean that there will be an upgraded gdm package
in unstable nextly ?

> for the replacing the gdm2...I hadn't found a way to get that to work
> properly.

Well, i didn't understand why the problem happened, you have a replace,
conflict and provide, right ?

Friendly,

Sven Luther