Re: duplicate GNOME_SystemTrayApplet.*

Christian Marillat <marillat.christian@wanadoo.fr> writes:

> Robert McQueen <robot101@debian.org> writes:
>
> > On Sun, Jan 26, 2003 at 04:22:04PM +0100, Christian Marillat wrote:
> > See bug #178278
> >
> > Christian
>
> > Even if s-t-a was removed, it would still be installed on people's
> > systems. This is why your new gnome-panel packages should provide and
> > conflict s-t-a. Please do this.
>
> Did you read the BTS recently ? This bug is tagged pending, and no this
> package don't need to provides system-tray-applet, currently no package
> depends on system-tray-applet.

Well, what about "replaces", then? BTW: rhythmbox uses it and so does
workrave (which is unfortunately not yet in Debian)

And meta-gnome 19 depends on it. Currently meta-gnome 20 is
uninstallable due to the abiword breakage. Therefore I cannot remove
system-tray-applet without removing gnome.

At the same time gnome-core which replaces gnome (<= 19) is
uninstallable since gnome-panel has an unversioned conflict with
it. (I solved this by rebuilding locally but it would be convinient
for others if you could make some adjustments. Or maybe the gnome
package should drop its depends on abiword-gnome as long as the latter
one is broken.

Johannes

--
~/.signature under construction