Re: metacity really slow to move windows

On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 07:02:27PM +0100, Alexis Sukrieh wrote:
> Hello list and first of all, a very big THANKS to all of you who make
> Gnome2 possible on debian. It's really great.
>
> I've noticed that metacity is really slow to move a gnome-terminal
> window when transparency is enabled in the term. As soon as I disable
> transparency, it's faster.
>
> I wondering what is the source of the slow motion since I run gnome2 on
> another PC which is fast even when transparency is enabled. Strangely,
> the PC which is running the stuff well is the slower machine...
>
> Ant idea ?

What about the graphic card ? Altough i don't know how gnome-terminal is
drawing when using transparency (alpha channel and double source
blitting come to mind) and maybe on one box this is being hardware
accelerated and on the other not.

Also the resolution and depth of your displays may have some influence.
Not running XFree86 in full (2D) acceleration may be another concern.

Friendly,

Sven Luther