Re: GNOME2 again (Re: Debian Weekly News - September 17th, 2002)

<quote who="Sven LUTHER">

> Just a stupid question, but why not add a *1 suffix to all old gnome1
> package, this way we could have gnome2 as default, and people still
> needing gnome1 would use the *1 packages ?

Mostly because the idea is to *not* have the GNOME 2.x Desktop stuff
replace the 1.x stuff by default. That's quite the point. :-)

- Jeff

--
  "So please lets focus on preparing to beat up our neighbours instead of
   spending all the energy on domestic violence." - Christian Schaller on